Sunday, January 24, 2010

Post 3 out of 5- Sunday today, but writing on Friday's events


Sorry to all. This 3rd post was supposed to be on Friday but due to to some technical difficulties, it could only be done today. Today's post will be on what happened on Friday.

Well, at first, I thought that Friday will just be another mundane day... CCA and lessons. To kick start the day, just after morning assembly, it started to drizzle. Then, it was time for Literature lesson. When we found out that Mr. Daniel Tan did not come to school today, the whole class grew very rowdy(except for maybe Gabriel, who was rushing through his Literature homework)and inevitably, a teacher was attracted to the noise. This time, it was not Mr. Chia but Mr. Maran, whom in my opinion was a brusque man, that stepped into the class. What happened next turned out to change my opinion of the head of pupil development English teacher completely. I think the whole class(if not me) were(was) expecting a long lecture but to my utmost surprise, his way of speaking is just like my 'charismatic' form teacher, Mr. Hamilton( he likes to tell jokes) and it suggests that he is a patient and benign man.

Next up was Mother Tongue and PE-Theory respectively. After recess, we continued on Algebraic expressions and learnt three new formulas. I must say, that algebra is a little tricky sometimes. After maths, was history, where we watched youtube videos about the histoy of Singapore and of course, to let us unwind a little, some funny video about the ERP thing.

At 2.15p.m., I trudged(although it was only a short distance) with my heavy bag to the ampitheatre and got assembled for CCA ( my CCA is NCC Land). Well that day turned from electrifying to just a little sizzling. We just did drills, had physical training and then played soccer.( which was quite rare)

Come to think of it, I feel that my seniors in NCC have build up my discipline. They have also taught me the correct way to do drills, and did not make a big fuss about small things. However, when we hear the 'bomb ticking' from our staff sergeant/ sergeants the whole platoon brushes up their drills and try to avoid getting knocked down(do push ups). As our platoon goes through thick and thin as one, we have bonded very well and this is another reason we can thank our seniors for. At the start of life at VS, the thought of 'NCC' sort of made think that it was boring and I was morose when I could not appeal out of the CCA. Now, I think of NCC as fun and every week, we sort of look forward to gritting our teeth and enduring through drills and physical training and be rewarded by bring able to play games.

That is all everyone. The third post is done. Well, I guess I will be writing again tomorrow since I still have two more posts to go. Till then, bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment