Monday, January 18, 2010

Post 1 out of 5- Swimming Day !

Hi everyone. This is the first official of the 5 posts that is to be graded. Today, like all other Sundays, was the " Swimming Day ". I had to endure 1hr 15mins ( 15 mins warm-up so quite slack ) of pure torture from my coach. I had to wear pajamas( with an extra t-shirt inside), which according to my coach, who help GREATLY if i happen to be stuck in the middle of the sea with clothes on. It was also to train me for our Gold Star Swimming Test. He instructed us to swim laps and clocked our times when i finished.

Like every other lesson, I was EXHAUSTED and panting as if i was chased by a mad dog after the laps. Well... i must say that my timing wasn't just as good as last week, where i clocked a record time of 2min and 28seconds, my best timing this week was 2min 34seconds only. However, my coach, who was a very optimistic guy, did not reprimand me but instead motivated and encouraged me to do better. That made me feel more confident, and i will try to better my best record and gun for the gold star award in June or September.

Well, swimming has taught me quite a number of lessons. First of all, it has taught me to be determined. In order for me to get good swimming times, when i am swimming, i have learnt to be focused and concentrate on improving my timing. It, for some weird reason, has been my source of motivation when i am struggling for air yet trying to swim faster in the water. Swimming has also taught me to never be daunted by the tasks ahead and to be confident. For example, during my Gold Swimming Test last year, i thought that i could not finish all the laps within the given 40minutes time. I pictured myself failing and watching the other participants pass with flying colours. I even considered withdrawing from the test! However, during my pre-test training, my coach tested me and i passed with about 8 minutes to spare! From then on i picked up my confidence, trained super hard for the test and eventually passed. I felt like i was on cloud nine when i found out that i has passed the test.



Well, that's the end of my first post. I'm signing off now~ Bye~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment